“In the last days perilous times shall come.”
II Timothy 3:1
Last Sunday I wrote of the Modern day Pharisees who currently plague our society, saying…
“As daunting as this pagan movement has become and Jesus’ revelation of the ominous events to come, our LORD warns us to “Watch therefore, for you do not know what day your Lord is coming….you must be ready, for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” “(Matthew 24:42, 44)
Today, the first Sunday of the New year, it is time to remember who we are and Whose we are lest we lose heart, perspective, vision, and purpose as HIS Children.
Though “evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived,” we are to “continue in the things in which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them….which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” (II Timothy 3:13-15), remembering that, “All Scripture is given by inspiration of GOD and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”
(II Timothy 3:16)
Seeing that “the day of the LORD will come as a thief in the night…what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and holiness? (II Peter 3:10-11)
“Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” (I Peter 1:1-2)
That . .
- Our LORD awakens us to our need to prepare for the events ahead
- We will walk more closely with Him each day with our children, spouse, and friends
- We will be ready to explain why we place our trust in Him Who loves us
- We will look to Him and His Promises during the pandemic
- That judges will find the courage to look seriously at the overwhelming evidence Donald Trump was re-elected President.
- That Georgians see the necessity of Republicans maintaining control of the U.S. Senate
Through your kindness and generosity we exceeded our Matching Grant Goal. Watch for a final update on Tuesday, January 5th.
P.O. Box 2225
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035