What Every American Should Know
“You shall know the truth and the truth will make you free.”*
Jesus of Nazareth – John 8:32
On occasion I post an article of important insight and educational content. This is one of those times.
Why Nancy Pelosi Does Not Want to Impeach President Donald Trump
(ONE MAN’S OPINION – The writer has a degree in Political Science, and is a card-carrying Libertarian, and offered anonymously.)
“I’ve been studying politics and political history for the past 30 years. My specialty is U.S. Presidents. That said, I hope that the House of Representatives impeaches Trump.
Let me tell you what will happen next.
1. The House can pass articles of impeachment over the objections of the Republicans, and refer to the Senate for trial.
2. The Senate will conduct a trial. There will be a vote, and the Republicans will vote unanimously, along with a small number of Democrats, to not convict the President. Legally, it will all be over at that point.
3. However, during the trial, and this is what no one is thinking about right now, the President’s attorneys will have the right to subpoena and question ANYONE THAT THEY WANT. That is different than the special counsel investigation, which was very one-sided. So, during the impeachment trial, we will be hearing testimony from James Comey, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Bruce Ohr, Glenn Simpson, Donna Brazille, Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Christopher Steele, Hillary Clinton, John Brennan, James Clapper, and a whole host of other participants in this whole sordid affair and the ensuing cover up activities.**
A lot of dirt will be dug up; a lot of truth will be unveiled. Finger pointing will occur. Deals will start being made, and suddenly, a lot of Democrats will start being charged and going to prison. All this, because, remember, the President’s team will now, for the first time, have the RIGHT to question all of these people under oath – and they will turn on each other. That’s already starting.
4. Lastly, one more thing will happen – the Senate will not convict the President. Nothing will happen to Trump. Most Americans are clueless about political processes, the law, and the Constitution. Most Americans believe that being impeached results in removal from office. They don’t understand that phase 2 is a trial in and by the Senate, where he has zero chance of conviction. Remember, the Senate is controlled by Republicans; they will determine what testimony is allowed — and **everything** will be allowed, including: DNC collusion with the Clinton campaign to fix the election in favor of Hillary, the creation of the Trump dossier, the cover up and destruction of emails that very likely included incriminating information. They’ll incriminate each other for lying to the FISA court, for spying and wiretapping the Trump campaign, and for colluding with foreign political actors, especially George Soros.
After the Senate declines to convict the President, we will have an election, and Trump will win. It will be a backlash against democrat petulance, temper tantrums, hypocrisy and dishonesty. Even minorities will vote for Trump, because, for the first time, they will see that democrats have spent 2+ years focused on maintaining their own power, and not doing anything at all about black murders in Chicago, homelessness, opioids, and other important issues that are actually killing people. And, we will spend the following four years listening to politicians and pundits claim that the whole impeachment was rigged somehow.”
* While Jesus of Nazarth referred to knowing that He was the Son of God, the principle that truth sets us free applies to all walks of life including the motives and acts of those in authority including government officials and all who deceive for personal or political gain.
** “For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. John 3:20
“Our cause is noble; it is the cause of mankind!”
“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.”
II Corinthians 10:4-5
Pray for our nation’s leaders, our pastors, and for the Body of Christ to find their voice in the war against the Left’s Efforts to destroy the nation.
Restore America is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry supported solely by the contributions of our readers and a small number of churches. Donations are tax deductible for federal income tax purposes and can be made online, or by mail.
P.O. Box 2225
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035