“While this is usually a run-of-the-mill process, a lot of things happened yesterday that should concern anyone who cherishes American values and who were hoping for compromise from the new Congress.”
Stu Weber – January 15, 2019
Vietnam veteran, Oregon Pastor
Author of Tender Warrior and The Four Pillars Of A Man’s Heart
On January 12th I wrote of the hypocrisy of both Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and 34 current democrat Senators. Today, I received an email from Stu Weber, former Pastor of Good Shepherd Community Church in Boring Oregon that could best be described as the Democrat Debacle On The Potomac. Drawing upon his sources in Washington D.C., the below comprises the entire email from Stu:
“Yesterday was a big day in Washington. As newly-elected members of Congress were sworn in, control of the House of Representatives flipped from Republican to Democrat.
While this is usually a run-of-the-mill process, a lot of things happened yesterday that should concern anyone who cherishes American values and who was hoping for compromise from the new Congress.
Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) refused to take her oath of office on the Bible. Instead she used a law book. I don’t know which law book, but I do know this: Long after the senator and whatever book she took her oath on are gone, the word of God will endure.
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) took her oath on what she called “Jefferson’s Koran.” She said, “Some of our Founding Fathers knew more about Islam than some members of Congress now.” Obviously she doesn’t know very much. Jefferson got a translation of the Koran so he could understand the Islamic Barbary Pirates against whom he would later, as president, wage war. Thus the phrase, “To the shores of Tripoli” in the Marines’ Hymn. But she is probably right — the Founders understood what many elites today do not: Radical Islam is a deadly threat to freedom.
- Unfortunately, Tlaib wasn’t done. She later went to a reception sponsored by the radical group MoveOn.org. Referring to a conversation she had with her young son about her election, Rep. Tlaib declared, “We’re gonna go in there and impeach the motherf—er.'”
- And there’s more. The world map on the wall in Rep. Tlaib’s office had a Post-It note on it labeled “Palestine” over the state of Israel.
- Rep. Tlaib is not the only newly elected member of Congress who is hostile to Israel. Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) lied to her constituents about her support for efforts to boycott and sanction Israel. The election of these two Muslim women, along with socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), has been hailed by cultural and media elites as “the wave of the future.” Just to be clear, they are celebrating the victory of anti-Semites. Some future.
- Rep. Jennifer Wexton (D-VA) posted the transgender flag outside of her office. (Yes, they have a flag.)
- Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) introduced a constitutional amendment to abolish the Electoral College.
- Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA) introduced articles of impeachment against President Trump.
- Not to be out done, Nancy Pelosi made history herself by becoming the first woman to become Speaker of the House twice. And the first bill she pushed through the House late last night was an appropriation bill that gave an additional $12 billion in foreign aid to multiple countries and provided more money to promote abortions overseas, but did not provide one dime for better border security to protect American citizens.
And that, my friends, was just Day One of the new Democrat House!
I waited all day for newly sworn-in Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT), who couldn’t wait until he was sworn in to attack Donald Trump, to say something about any of these outrages. But all I heard was crickets.
There was one thing I saw yesterday that reminded me of the great reservoir of courage we still have in this country. It was a picture of Representatives Dan Crenshaw (R-TX), Jim Baird (R-IN) and Brian Mast (R-FL) together on the House floor. The caption read, “5 eyes. 5 arms. 4 legs. All American.”
Rep. Crenshaw lost his eye in Afghanistan. Rep. Baird lost his arm in Vietnam. Rep. Mast lost his legs in Afghanistan.”
Restore America is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization supported solely by the contributions of our readers. Donations are tax deductible for federal income tax purposes and can be made online, by text, or mail, as follows:
P.O. Box 2225
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035